Manager, Engineering at Acquia (Remote)
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Does running thousands of machines in the cloud without ever logging into a single box sound like the future to you? Do you like building resilient systems where even a second of downtime is unacceptable? Do you like architecting applications that can scale horizontally to perform billions or trillions of monthly operations? Do you want to power websites for clients that matter? Do you want to make a difference and have the power to design features and quickly see them pushed live to production?
Our cloud engineering team applies a variety of programming languages and technologies to solve many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at an extensive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to PHP to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
We are looking for a people-focused technology leader to work alongside the Director of Product to ensure that engineering is delivering the value needed to delight our customers and meet our adventurous business goals. If you enjoy the thrill of riding the rapids and love the sense of accomplishment after having navigated tricky obstacles, then Acquia will be a continually exciting experience for you.Summary:
Acquia is looking for a manager to lead engineers with systems and software responsibilities to work on our Next Generation Cloud team. The ideal candidate strives to lead a high performing team and recognizes their work is never done. The candidate also is comfortable working in a large organization, operates as a true team player, has technical expertise to ask the right questions, is a thoughtful communicator, and is a leader with empathy. This leader should be highly organized and pushing for success through effective prioritization, retrospecting on continuous improvements, and driving change. Technical experience in things like Kubernetes, AWS, Linux, Docker, and Jenkins are desired. Conceptual knowledge of DevOps, domain-driven concepts, and infrastructure-as-code are also helpful.Responsible for:
- Experience leading teams and people responsible for systems and software
- Knowledge of Agile practices and software development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience with effective product engineering practices
- Familiar with project management concepts
- Ability to drive change through identifying bottlenecks, resolving blockers, and leading improvement opportunities
- Experience with quality engineering, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Ability to form good partnerships with Product Managers, Product Owners, and other departments
- Active listening skills
- Effective communicator
- Leadership skills and a positive, can-do attitude
- Emphasizes work/life balance and team morale
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, concrete steps and outcomes
- Committed to a positive culture
- Background in technically relevant areas
- Facilitating cross-team collaboration through RFCs, reviews, and historical work
- Background in systems maintenance, automation, release management, and testing strategies
- 6+ years of working within a team focused on cloud systems and development
- 0-3+ years hands-on experience building/managing product engineering teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven delivery skills, working with software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.