Manager - Engineering Software Development at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: AUBURN HILLS
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Manager leads the engineering team(s) through various product development and production cycles delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions into Development of Software and to our customers. The Manager has responsibility for both people management (development, Training) and project technical leadership for those projects in his/her domain.
- As appropriate to specific role, acts as primary customer and internal interface for all escalated technical issues.
- Ensures that programs are properly resourced (both quality and quantity) for success, whether through assignment of direct resources, or leverage of external resources as required.
- Provides team leadership, management support, including coaching and active engagement with direct and extended team.
- Provides technical leadership in directing the efforts of cross functional engineering team in the development and release of all relevant engineering deliverables in compliance with the product development process and/or customer expectations.
- Ensures engineering timing plans, defect / issues lists, risk assessments, lessons learned, KPI Goals, Skill Matrix, Resource Tracking, weekly KPIs, CAPEX/OPEX are created and maintained and provides engineering status for project reviews (e.g., design, milestones, etc.) according to program timing for all assigned projects.
- Supports all Program Management driven reviews (escalation etc.)
- Approve GPEP tailored deliverable matrix and all phase checklists
- Approve Product Release Notes prior to delivery to the customer
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Management/Leadership training is an asset 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in the appropriate discipline and in team management
- Excellent knowledge of Embedded C++ or C including Linux/QNX/RTOS/Autosar environment
- Experience working on Autosar, GPU, C6x/C7x DSP core architecture, OpenVX, OpenGL ES.
- Excellent knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Experience using the following tools or related tools:
- Requirements management (PTC/Reqtify),
- Architect & Design (Enterprise Architect),
- Static Analysis (QAC), Debuggers,
- Unit Testing (VectorCAST, GTest),
- Configuration Management (PTC Integrity/Git),
- QNX/Linux Development environment,
- GUI software development
- Responsible (depending on position) for all engineering quote response (effort, material, capital, tooling, etc.) for new programs and customer changes after award of business
- Directly manage Team of software engineers in the implementation of project objectives and overall activities
- Responsibilities include, interviewing, hiring, training, reward and disciplinary actions, and performance appraisals of employees.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts for products, processes, and programs.
- Ensures compliance to Company procedures (e.g. Process - Work Instructions) and applicable standards (e.g. ISO/TS 16949, ISO/IEC TR 15504).
- The Manager role relates to the following disciplines: application, automation & simulation, core, validation, and verification.
- First Level of formal supervisory responsibility with both functional and disciplinary authority
- Responsibility and ownership of all development activities for assigned products with product line family
- Responsibility and ownership of all development activities for all products within a product line family.
- Resource planning and alignment to ensure that all projects in the department are properly staffed with the right quality and quantity of resource to meet the deliverables in an effective and efficient way is a key objective of this position.
- Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit