Manager Engineering, QA at Zscaler (South Bay)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are looking for Engineering Manager QA that will help take Zscaler's security platform to the next level. Candidate will have an end to end ownership of feature starting from testing, automation, deployment and helping with monitoring of the feature(s).
- Passionate about building a world class team that excels at producing innovative and high quality end point products and services in the Networking and/or Security space.
- Customer focused and highly driven to solve real problems for customers, experienced in handling customers escalations.
- Driving quality process and trustworthy computing initiatives throughout the product lifecycle to identify architecture, design and coding defects early in the release process.
- Communicating technical solutions to all levels within group and cross discipline.
- Status reporting and presenting solutions is an integral part of the job.
- Ensure highly available services with zero downtime. Be responsible for delivering and deploying the SaaS services in partnership with the SRE and operations teams.
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by predicting and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they're needed
- Put in place and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring high quality and high uptime for the product developed by the team
- Manage day to day direction of Quality Assurance & Cloud reliability team.
- Setting up engineering strategy for the team both from technical and business front
- Ensuring that all programs are delivered with agreed upon business value, on time and highest quality
- Contributing to talent hiring, people skill development, setting objectives and goals
- Develop an automation focussed QA strategy to improve QA processes, plan and execute fast paced agile releases.
- Formulate timely reports and documentation to track release progress.
- Develop training and onboarding processes
- Lead a geographically distributed team in a fast-paced customer focussed environment.
- Have led a team of 4 - 6 engineers, and have 3+ years of Engineering Management experience leading Engineering Quality Assurance teams for multiple End Point products in the Networking and/or Security space.
- Have collaborated and partnered effectively with cross functional teams to execute on shared goals.
- Ability to be flexible and productive in a fast-paced environment with geographically distributed teams.
- Expert knowledge technologies like Common Network Protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP and UDP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Operating systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux), Virtual Platforms (VMWare, KVM etc), Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), Performance Testing, Scalability, Web Application Firewall, Kerberos, LDAP, RADIUS, X509 Certificates.
- Excellent collaboration and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience with one or more of the following skills/technologies is an advantage: VPN or Security endpoint Client softwares.
- Experienced in building an effective automation strategy
- Proven skills in developing and executing a QA Automation strategy.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.