Manager, Engineering (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta (Facebook). We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Kustomer, you will be instrumental in growing, mentoring, and guiding a team of cross functional software engineers. You will ensure that your team is set up for success, while facilitating continuous learning and improvement.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing and growing a team of software engineers
- Growing the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Conducting performance reviews and 1-1’s with team members
- Setting objectives for your team as a whole and partnering with teammates on individual goals
- Owning pushing the team towards the best engineering working practices
- Working with engineering team leads and other stakeholders to continuously improve operational processes and procedures
- You have experience growing, mentoring, and developing engineers
- You are up to date with and have a passion for, software engineering best practices
- You have experience attracting engineering talent and are comfortable closing candidates
- You have experience managing an engineering team
- Nice to haves:
- You’re familiar with Node.js and/or React/Redux
- You’ve worked with and built REST APIs.
- You have experience with other tools we use: webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, seamless-immutable, Jest, Storybook, and Draft.js.
- Knowledgeable of advanced Chrome DevTools features, specifically around performance.
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, and/or AWS
- Experience with Web Automated E2E Testing
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and generous vacation policy.
We like to have a little fun too: https://youtu.be/UJ5UnAizpww
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.