We’re an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinariness and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.
About the opportunity
This person will lead the Experience Team, UI and UX focused engineering team of 4-6, for our Market+ product organization. The team is composed of high-achieving front-end engineers who have a passion for designing and building out a delightful and efficient customer experience. The team owns UI components that are used across our Market+ product and is responsible for setting the standards, working closely with the UX team on what the UX should be. You are expected to have deep front-end knowledge, having worked on and developed UI components, be accountable for the architecture and UI and UX standards. You’ll participate in UX reviews with the UX team and partner with UX Designers and PMs across the organization. You will gain deep industry knowledge and customer empathy to set the direction of the team.
- You have 5+ years of management experience with a front-end team
- You have built out UI components and web applications, and used specific UI technologies, e.g. TypeScript, React, Next.js, Cypress, etc
- As an IC or as a leader, you have worked closely with other engineering leads, PMs, and UX Designers to understand the end-to-end user experience
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguous situations and taking risks when not all the answers are presented to you. Indigo Market+ is growing and changing, and we don’t always get it right
- You have deep experience in front-end languages and are familiar with backend languages, e.g. Python
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- You are self-aware, empathetic with your team, and empower your team to take risks and grow
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable, and documented code that others can understand
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours