Manager, Engineering (B2C) at Omada Health (Remote)
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company, and are looking for an experienced engineering manager to join our growing team. Our program supports people in making lifestyle changes to improve their health, and ultimately, their lives.
As an engineering manager in our B2C business, you will lead a team of software engineers in shipping full stack web applications and features that support the overall experience for our members. The team’s goal is to create a unique member experience that balances the needs of both our customers and the business while using high quality and sustainable engineering practices including: CI/CD, TDD, and pair programming.
How you can make an impact:
- Lead a team of engineers to execute against the highest value opportunities for the business
- Work with partners and stakeholders (e.g. Product, design, etc.) to prioritize the day-to-day of the team based on the team’s composition and capacity
- Actively unblock the team so that they can make progress on their goals
- Manage performance of direct reports to the standards defined by the team’s manager in line with the rest of the engineering organization
- Provide growth opportunities for reports and give a path forward to help them achieve their career goals
You will love this job if you:
- Want to provide impact beyond your own individual contributions using hands-on leadership and influence to balance technical quality and time to market
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to represent the needs of the engineering organization
- Have no issues having conversations about performance and communicating them directly to reports
What you need for this role:
- 4+ years of experience doing software development in a hands-on capacity with MVC frameworks and client-facing products
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports and leading a team to achieve their objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise with CI/CD processes and frameworks
- Comfortable having difficult conversations with reports and other partners
- Experience capacity planning against a team’s composition and commitments
- Have worked directly supporting mobile applications (iOS/Android) in delivering a high quality end user experience
- Wanting to remain in a hands-on capacity with the team
- Experience with a services oriented architecture
- Having done major re-architectures and migrating large data sets in past experiences
- Able to support a part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Nomad)
- Experience with performance tuning for web applications
- Experience with react-native to build mobile products
Technologies we use:
Redshift, Postgres, Ruby/Rails, React/Redux, NPM/Webpack, Git/GitLab, Docker, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Linux, Redis, Sidekiq, Searchkick, Sumologic, New Relic, PagerDuty, Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Monthly mental wellness days
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada Health delivers integrated, virtual care across chronic conditions, a top clinical need for employers and health plans. By combining clinical best practices with the science of behavior change, Omada Health improves member health and reduces the cost of care. Working with over 1,700+ customers — including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s across a wide variety of industries — Omada delivers personalized interventions for diabetes, diabetes prevention, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues. All programs include integrated behavioral health support. Omada Health’s virtual care programs are clinically supported and evidence-based, with results published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. To learn more, visit www.omadahealth.com.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.