LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective field
The Demo Systems Architecture Manager is a Player-Coach. They enable the Pre-Sales team members to show the value of LivePerson’s solutions to prospects and clients. The Manager creates and oversees the systems, processes and data that help excite Brands to do business with us.
This role impacts most stages of the sale for new customers and continues being impactful with existing customers as they explore our technology and decide to renew.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software development, systems engineering and/or technical sales, project and people management. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to this role. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
- Reports to the Vice President of Solution Consulting North America
- Impacts all of Solution Consulting globally
- Works closely with Solution Consultants and Professional Services staff
- Travel not generally required (except for occasional internal meetings or training)
- With expert Web Software Development skills, design, build and deliver sophisticated demonstration environments, integrations, tools and prototypes
- Manage other Demo engineering staff members and coordinate with them on projects and support
- Become a deep SME for LivePerson’s Conversational Cloud and Conversation Builder (AI).
- Learn the core functionality of key partner technologies, such as: Apple Business Chat, WhatsApp, Instagram, IBM Watson, Google My Business, etc.
- Provide Demo Environment triage support, when needed
- Coordinate with both product development and implementation teams. Ensure the demo environments are benefiting from both the latest product releases as well as custom work being performed in the field.
- Act a project manager to coordinate with other team members on demo infrastructure build-out and maintenance
- Maintain a backlog in Trello or Jira
- Develop testing protocols as appropriate
- Document environment capabilities
- Mentor Solution Consulting team members on advanced aspects of LivePerson’s tech stack or, on integration and software development concepts
- From time to time, act as a deep SME on integration or implementation related topics, in support of a sales opportunity. This is not a customer-facing role but opportunities for this type of will occasionally be available, depending on candidate skill set and interest.
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent training
- At least 5 years professional software development experience or similar
- 2 or more years of management experience preferred. First-time managers will be considered with formal mentorship experience as an alternative.
- A desire to grow professionally and to be a leader to others
- Experience with Nodejs and npm packages for web server, api, socket, and storage
- Experience with view frameworks such as Angularjs, Angular 2, Backbone, or React
- Experience in working with RESTful/Webhook APIs, with an eye towards using APIs from Google, Facebook, Twilio, Skype, and Apple Business Chat
- Experience with version control (Git preferred, Mercurial, SVN accepted)
- Project Management expertise
- Background in technical sales a plus
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience writing systems and design requirements are a plus.
- Understanding of development life cycle and SCRUM (Agile) methodologies
- UML diagramming experience a plus
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure concepts. GCP or AWS certification is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.