The Systems Programmer for Hardware Run will be responsible for the ongoing support for all mainframe hardware including trouble shooting, problem resolution, and maintenance.
- Proactively maintain hardware on current microcode levels.
- Support new client business transitions/migrations.
- Performs IOGEN and other Hardware Configuration work.
- Perform DASD/TAPE replication using different technology.
- Configure Storage and Processor as needed. Such as DASD Model Conversion, Updating MSUs etc.
- Participation in problem resolution on Sev1/Sev2 Incidents.
- Assist with DR activities.
- Troubleshoots major system issues and escalation to vendors for service restoration and problem resolution for SEV1 and SEV2 issues.
- Create new tools and processes to increase the productivity and efficiency of the team.
- Works to produce documentation, standard way of accomplishing work, and automation to help the team support the workload.
- Works closely with accounts and clients when technical consulting is required from the team.
- Performs ITIL tasks. Such as change management functions: ticketing, opening and closing changes, etc.
- Supply 24x7 365 on-call support/service restoration/root cause analysis/problem resolution.
- Excels in a leveraged support model thereby supporting many customers from a single team.
- Mentoring of team members when required.
- Experience in Hardware Management Consoles for different Mainframe Hardware such as Processor, DISK and TAPE.
- Knowledge in DISK and TAPE Architecture.
- Extensive Knowledge in IOCP/IOCDS/IODF.
- Experience in IBM's Copy Service Manager.
- Knowledge in VTAM/TCPIP concepts.
- Ability to diagnose and handle common hardware issues and resolve them promptly.
- Ability to analyse performance on DASD and Tape subsystems.