Linux System Administrator at Applied Insight LLC (Baltimore, MD)
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the System Administrator you will troubleshoot and solve technical problems in both Linux and MacOS environments via phone, email, chat and ticketing systems. You will support daily IT operational activities as well as a variety of specific research projects/needs.
You will excel in this role if you are:
• An instinct for troubleshooting and the inability to give up (at least until the problem is resolved).
• An eagerness to learn new tools and technologies.
• A desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level.
• The ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team).
• Possess at least 5 years of technical experience with a strong background in Linux troubleshooting and familiarity with Unix and.or MacOS Operating System.
• Experience providing systems and application support for large networks, including hardware and software support, creating and maintaining unix accounts and Active Directory and, and resolving tickets in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; understanding, analyzing, troubleshooting.
• Excellent oral and written skills with a keen sense of customer service.
• Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies
Hands-on experience with automation technologies: Bash, Zsh, Python
• Active, Secret Clearance
• Active Security+ certification or DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher
• Previous experience with creating/supporting CI/CD pipelines
• Previous experience creating “standard Operating procedures” and documentation
- Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration Platforms (Kubernetes) deployment and maintenance
- Experience and familiarity with VMWare Vsphere
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.