Lead Software Test Engineer at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
- Lead testing activities in all project phases from specification to release for critical safety applications.
- Collaboration with other release train tests leads to ensuring E2E testing needs.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test strategies and plans for .NET and mobile applications, ensuring all aspects of functionality, performance, and security are covered.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of test engineers, fostering a collaborative and results-driven environment.
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated test cases for .NET and mobile applications, using industry-standard testing tools and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand and define product requirements, and ensure test coverage and test case accuracy.
- Perform root cause analysis and identify areas for improvement in the software development lifecycle, recommending solutions to enhance the overall quality of the product.
- Track and report testing progress, metrics, and results to stakeholders and senior management, ensuring transparency and visibility into the testing process.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in software testing methodologies, tools, and technologies, and apply this knowledge to continuously improve our testing processes and practices.
- Plan test efforts and develop test strategies for test automation (95%) and manual testing (5%)
- Work with businesses to develop UAT test plans.
- Define test plans, test scenarios, and manual test scripts, and utilize testing tools for functional and regression testing.
- Supervise the release backlog's planning, estimation, and prioritization in close cooperation with the product owner and project manager.
- Report progress to the project management team, and raise and handle concerns regarding timeline, milestones, and quality issues.
- Support the team in planning, backlog grooming, and retrospective activities.
- In testing, you will be familiar with system and software integration and commissioning (SW Unit / Module testing, SW Integration, SW/HW integration).
- Contribute to formal reviews of software requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the company's formal quality system.
- Must be located in Atlanta, Georgia
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline with 6 years of work experience in a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing test plans and test cases
- Demonstrated expertise in test strategy development, test planning, and test case design.
- Strong experience with manual and automated testing tools, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, or similar tools.
- Proficient in mobile testing on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Strong knowledge of .NET framework, C#, and associated technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Ability to lead and partner with Managed Service Onshore and Offshore QA resources (resource planning, escalation, test plan/case review)
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects
- Openness to receiving and applying feedback
- ISTQB or similar testing certification.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools, such as Jenkins or AWS/Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of performance, security, and accessibility testing methodologies.
- Experience in working with tools like NewRelic, Splunk.
- Experience working with docker.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.