- As a technical leader, you’ll manage a team of 2-4 and drive your team’s execution and delivery.
- You will work directly with multiple stakeholders in our product and design as well as other engineering leads and managers to ensure we’re building solutions that solve business problems the right way. We believe that companies that throw solutions over the wall to engineers are wasting half of their abilities.
- You will build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems, including testing, reviewing and deploying code quickly. We TDD most changes, so we don’t slow ourselves down with excessive release processes or meetings. We deploy over 5 times per day and manage major releases with feature flags rather than coordinated deployments.
- You will research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems. We’re a highly collaborative team and we push each other to find better solutions every day.
- You will write tools and evolve best practices for the engineering team to improve the team. From GraphQL-to-Typescript compilers to fully automated deployments, we take the time to invest heavily in our own productivity.
- You will own projects end-to-end. On a given day you might be building a system to measure search engine performance, reworking an integration with a telephony provider, or designing a UI component library.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers, with a passion for developing and growing people as they progress on their career journey.
- Experience as a generalist/full-stack engineer working on both the frontend and backend to solve complex engineering problems to delight users and drive business results.
- Team-first mentality and you work collaboratively with different stakeholders to set the technical direction for our products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401(k) plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.