Lead Software Engineer at BeyondTrust (Remote)
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our Cloud Platform product suite.
What will I do?
- Provide hands-on, technical guidance to your team to ensure software is designed and developed according to good software development principles
- Maintain expertise of one or more areas and broad knowledge across the solution
- Learn new technologies, propose technical solutions, and coordinate the delivery of functionality from start to finish
- Freely share knowledge with others, both in and outside of the team
- Be an active agile team member in a scrum-based environment
- Collaborate with team members to choose the best solutions to problems
What do I need?
- Proven leadership skills and experience of leading small discrete teams of engineers in successfully delivering software development projects
- Cloud development experience with excellent software engineering skills
- Experience designing, documenting, developing, and deploying complex systems in the cloud
- Knowledge of best practices and evidence of driving standards in development teams
- Experience with C# and .NET Core
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, or SAML
- Experience reviewing code
- An understanding of agile software development using Scrum
Nice to have
- Experience using Kubernetes, Istio, Kustomize, ArgoCD, and Argo Rollouts
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Experience using Docker and containers
- Experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of gRPC and gRPC-web
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and designing secure applications
- 8+ years’ experience in a software development or related role
- 2+ years' experience working on cloud native applications
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, including releasing products in an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.