Lead Software Engineer - Remote at Optum
At UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Lead Software Engineer will contribute to the design and development of our Naviguard case management platform.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development, and testing
- Help the teams improve efficiency, quality and speed of their development processes
- Rally entire cross-functional teams around major goals and initiatives
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable components, frameworks, and libraries
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Design and develop APIs/micro services in C# / .net core
- Design and develop User Interfaces in Angular / React
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering field
- 7+ years of professional experience in C# and .NET
- 7+ years of experience with unit/integration testing
- 3+ years of professional experience in Angular or React
- 3+ years of .NET CORE experience
- 3+ years of with GIT source control
- Experience in complex, technically challenging, cross-functional software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
- Experience working in multiple cloud environments, especially Azure and familiarity with cloud-native tools and services
- Working experience on CI/CD methodologies
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.