At DASH we are building the future of aviation-enabled logistics where one-day deliveries anywhere in the world are just as possible, convenient, and cost efficient as mailing a package down the street. We do this through the commercialization of our novel, nimble, aerial delivery platform. Simply stated - we deliver the technology that allows any airplane, helicopter or drone to safely, effectively, and legally release and land cargo precisely into an area smaller than a helicopter pad, from virtually any altitude.
Our vision is to drive the costs of one and two day air cargo down by orders magnitudes while dramatically increasing efficiency at all points in the middle and last mile logistics chain – In other words, our technology is the enabler that allows for Amazon Prime one day (and the like), anywhere in the world, regardless of proximity to major infrastructure. In support our effort, we are building a world class team of engineers and operators to turn defense technology into the future of air cargo.
Who is DASH Systems?
We are a diverse and energetic team comprised of aerospace, engineering, and operations experts from Aerojet, Raytheon, US DoD Aviation, and the professional services industry obsessed with aviation, UAM, UTM and generally the future of aviation-enabled logistics. We are an equal opportunity employer positioned at the epicenter of aerospace: Hawthorne airport.
Location: DASH Systems HQ, 12101 Crenshaw Blvd #1, Hangar 13, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Why This Role Exists ?
A smooth autonomous air-to-ground operation starts and ends with how a pilot interacts with our autonomous systems. This is achieved through sophisticated autonomy in conjunction with a seamless user experience via our proprietary tablet app. You will own the app development portion of our product ecosystem and be responsible for leading development of cutting-edge applications responsible for interfacing with a pilot, robotics, and sensors. You will work closely with engineers, pilots, and simulators in the air and on the ground to refine user experience. You will be responsible for growing and leading the app development team as the company scales.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and great UX
- Comfortable working in areas outside your usual comfort zone and motivated to create excellent thoughtful experiences
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of data structures, multi-threading, and asynchronous programming
- Solid Design and UX sensibilities
- Ability to independently conceptualize, develop, and launch new features
- Ability to assess technical and UX tradeoffs of design choices
- Experience with mapping, custom map tiles, gps, or apps that operate in data denied environments is a plus
- Experience developing apps that interact with external hardware devices
Benefits and Opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in dynamic aviation operations, flight test & evaluation, and a general immersion in all things aerospace in Southern California.
- Fortune 500 caliber benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and unlimited PTO.
- Opportunity for early equity (option format).
- Full time, with potential for remote work up to 20%.
- Conveniently located at a private hangar next door to Space X, Tesla at Hawthorne Airport.
- The challenge and freedom to operate with autonomy while solving problems in support of the future of aerospace logistics!