Balsam Brands is looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical strategy and solutions towards the completion of projects and growth in technical skills of the development team. The lead will be working on design and development of our eCommerce websites SAP Commerce platform by extending commerce platform extensions and components. This candidate would have experience working on commerce platform that supports microservices based architecture and working knowledge of front-end technology stack. This candidate will be working closely with our DevOps, Quality Assurance, Project and Product team to ensure delivery of key business initiatives and projects in a timely manner.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Technology. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Redwood City, CA office location. Our local teams are expected to work in a hybrid model, which includes two days in-office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead medium to large strategic initiatives from start to finish including technical solutions to unblock the development team from completing a project
- Provide technical analysis, POC’s, technical scoping, and estimations on features and functionalities to support feature based development on our commerce platform
- Constantly find ways to improve application performance, stability, and reliability of the platform
- Involved in coding, unit testing and improving processes for our development team in order to gain efficiency by writing reliable and stable code base
- Work with the development team, external partners, and cross-functional teams during project planning, scoping, prioritization, and development
- Lead the architecture design of UI framework that’s being built on Headless Architecture and provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations
- Involved in aiding and development for Continuous Automation and Continuous Integration process
- Create design workflows of our eCommerce landscape and integration guide as a system manual
You’ll be successful if:
- You are team player, strong in collaboration and have mentoring skills
- You have strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, enthusiastic, and are willing to take ownership
- Experience working in large teams using CI/CD and agile methodologies
- You have a passion and desire to design a great shopping experience for eCommerce customers
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 8+ years of experience in eCommerce software development domain
- 5+ years of experience of SAP Commerce required
- Strong working knowledge and experience with AngularJS, Node JS, HTML 5, CSS preferred
- Strong working knowledge building websites on Headless Architecture and API driven development
- Strong working knowledge Java and Spring Framework
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Up to $300 flexible reimbursement to support setup of new team member's work-from-home environment
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.