Lead Software Engineer, IAM (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking IAM Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Identity and access management (IAM) Certification team and define Certification strategy for the Enterprise.
- Lead large Enterprise wide Certification campaigns, Perform User access certification activations and validations.
- Identify opportunities for automation, evaluate new tools, and drive implementation of technology that creates value for the organization.
- Build strong relationships with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Provide regular updates to the management team on project progress
- Provide regular feedback to the PMO to guide future methodology and packaged service development
- Evaluate and support complex IAM and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Share your passion for staying on top of IAM trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community, and from time to time, be asked to code or evaluate code
- Identifying customer needs and providing solutions Partnering with Delivery Teams
- Project Planning - Identify, Scoping , Prioritizing , Tracking and reporting deliverables and Milestones Managing Risks and Issues
- Rally Team to deliver successful results on critical Projects and Incidents Excellent organizational and Communication Skills Ability to pick up new technologies quickly Pro-active, flexible and a high competency with people.
- Utilize programming languages like Java,BeanShell, Python, SQL, RDBMS and NoSQL databases,variety of AWS tools and services
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Sailpoint, Java, BeanShell, Unix, Oracle
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).