Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack at The Walt Disney Company
The Financial Intelligence team is responsible for building and maintaining products that collect, analyze, and present financial and accounting data across the DMED Digital Media Supply Chain (DMSC).
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead collaborative and innovative efforts to deliver best-in-class financial and accounting data and intelligence systems, and application tooling. You will have an opportunity to reimagine solutions, challenge the status quo, and contribute to the quality and advancement of our DMED Technology products. You will work alongside a talented group of financial technology experts, designing systems, contributing code, analyzing and developing possible solutions using standard procedures, and building your knowledge of the company, processes, and brands, while fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position is open to Remote Work
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction for services and applications.
- Develop specifications and contribute high quality code.
- Consult with product and business stakeholders to provide engineering expertise during application discovery, planning and integration.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical incidents, root cause analysis, and mitigation solutioning.
- Present technical issues, solutions and overviews to senior and executive stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications :
- 6+ year’s industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications.
- Proven understanding of full stack software development technologies and principles
- Experience managing and developing distributed processing systems at scale
- Experience using message queue services and asynchronous parallel processing solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive business focused leader and self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple teams
- Experience working with
- High volume web applications, data platforms, and frameworks
- UI design and development
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using
- RESTful APIs
- OO software development, Java, Python
- AWS Cloud Technologies
- Familiarity or understanding of
- Deployment, monitoring, and QA best practices
- Finance and Accounting technologies and practices
- .Net, GraphQL, React
Required Education :
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or equivalent.
Preferred Education :
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, preferred.