Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Lead Software Engineer, Fraud controls
Gemini builds the future of money via crypto. Building trust between banks, businesses, and customers is essential for customer adoption. Unfortunately, bad actors and fraudsters erode that trust.
The customer experience and controls team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class user experience while preventing fraud. The capabilities this team supports are at the intersection of many strategic initiatives.
You will lead a talented team of engineers, drive the development of capabilities and services to catch fraudsters and block fraudulent behavior while maintaining great customer experience for our good customers.
- Function as a tech lead and take an ownership role for customer experience and controls systems.
- Solve challenging distributed systems problems around scalability, reliability, low latency, high-availability with one of the largest-scale services at Gemini
- Build APIs to register/control/manage users, groups, and organizations
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Manage and develop senior team members
- Work with product managers, architects, designers, and engineering managers to establish and communicate a technical vision for Gemini’s login experience
- Be part of a fast-paced team which is constantly working across all areas of the business. Work with stakeholders to understand their security needs and address any defects determined in the process.
- At least 4-5 years in software engineering.
- Experience with Scala required
- Experience growing and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with security components such as authentication, authorization, and encryption
- A great communicator with a knack for precisely and concisely explaining problems and solutions to multiple stakeholders, e.g. senior management, product managers, etc.
- A drive for continuously learning and developing new technologies
- Independently making decisions quickly based on your domain expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as part of a highly distributed team.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.