Lead Software Engineer, Content Catalog at The Walt Disney Company
Media Engineering builds the software and systems that prepare media content and metadata for the Disney Streaming platform - providing the best possible playback experience to our viewers.
Media Engineering handles audio, video, and metadata content from ingest through publish - for normalization, processing, and packaging - supporting operator tools and automation for a scalable workflow. We build logic across players and back-end services to measure, control, and optimize playback across our stack.
We're changing the world of streaming video and looking for a talented software engineer to build our vision of a global content management platform to delight our operators and captivate our viewers. As a Lead Software Engineer in the Content Catalog team, you will drive the technical architecture, implementation and improvement of services that manage millions of titles delivered to hundreds of millions of viewers. Our services receive content from over 1500 partners and manage who can watch what, when, where and how. You will be expected to work cross-functionally with product, operations, project management and upstream and downstream engineering teams to align on our designs for new and extensible models and features. You will also drive Dev Ops best practices for the team, so our software just runs itself.
- Lead technical design and implementation of new features
- Drive project phasing and delivery together with your manager and Technical Project Managers
- Identify areas for improvements in our systems and workflows
- Set engineering standards for the team and proactively seek out ways to improve the codebase
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Take a user-centric approach to improving our content management systems, tools, and workflows
Basic Qualifications :
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience, and proficiency in Java, Python, C++, or similar language and related service frameworks like SpringBoot, JaxRS or DJango
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to drive consensus across cross functional business partners.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of scalable distributed systems providing resilient and high performance for both transactional and eventually consistent behaviors.
- Strong knowledge of core CS fundamentals and data structures (hashing, trees, graphs, queues, heaps), and a tenacious drive to minimize algorithmic complexity.
- Experience with web services, preferably AWS, and firm understanding of best practices in architecture and usage of messaging, queues, storage, relational and non-relational DBs, distributed caches, search indexes, operational monitoring and performance tuning.
- A strong sense of ownership of personal relationships, technical systems and operational issues.
Additional Information :