ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
You use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members. You may create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications. You can take defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. You participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions. You seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team's software. You work effectively other team members & identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.
Our Account Vertical is responsible for Registration, Authentication, User Identity and Verification journeys. Basically, if you've registered, logged-in, and managed your account on our platform, our engineering teams own this and more. You will be working specifically on our Protect pillar maturing how we make sure accounts across our platform (Sportsbook, Casino, Racing, DFS) are safe and secure by detecting and preventing unauthorized activities. Some of the technologies we use are Java, Python, Typescript (React), Terraform on AWS (EKS, Lambdas, RDS Aurora, SNS, SQS).
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards
- Work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams
- When confronted with discordant views, you can find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path
- Actively help others leverage your expertise through coaching and mentoring
- You understand proper data storage, classification, optimization techniques
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- In the event of a problem, you can troubleshoot and thoroughly resolve defects.
- Ensure your team is stronger because of your presence but does not require your presence to be successful
- You provide excellent customer support.
- You participate in the interview process and help your team train SE interns.
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards, open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, be humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience. 7+ years of relevant work experience OR 5+ years of relevant work experience with a MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience and passion for writing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available backend systems & APIs using Java and/or Python or similar Functional/Object-Oriented programming languages
- Good grasp on relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and handling concurrency
- Understanding of modern architectures, design patterns, and platform nuances
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks, such as Typescript, React, Angular, and/or Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with full stacks, single-page applications and/or micro frontends
- Knowledge of release process best practices for APIs and services within production systems
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understanding of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Expert experience with testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices in the SDLC
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Passion for working within a fast-paced environment and can adapt to change
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.