Lead Site Reliability Engineer at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What You’ll Be Doing and The Impact You’ll Make:
The Lead Site Reliability Engineer will serve as a technical lead for Rightpoint’s Digital Operations Services (Managed Services) practice. The Lead SRE will be responsible for support and optimization of enterprise applications within the major public cloud providers (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services).
The Lead SRE will have organizational and delivery responsibility. He/She will have technical leadership responsibilities for the Rightpoint Digital Operations NOC/Critical Support team.
- Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint Digital Operations Critical Support team
- Management of cloud infrastructure solutions including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) based systems
- Support and optimization of highly available solutions utilizing Azure Load Balancers, Azure Application Gateways, and Azure Active Directory and like technologies
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical insight for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Collaborate with other Rightpoint teams and with clients to implement high quality enterprise applications leveraging modern delivery methodologies (DevOps)
- Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environments into Digital Operations Support with an end-to-end solution focus
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues
- Act as a major incident manager
- Participate in on-call rotation
What We’d Love to See:
- Prior leadership experience overseeing the performance of a technical support/engineering team
- Progressive experience in system administration and support of server implementations and/or support
- Experience with PowerShell and advanced scripting languages
- Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft stack of technologies
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft O365)
- Working knowledge of core infrastructure (virtual networks, application gateways, load balancers, virtual machines, Azure Active Directory, etc.)
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.)
- Exceptional organization skills
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Exhibit outstanding relationship management skills
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Consulting experience
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Automation tools and methodologies (Azure DevOps, Chef, DSC)
- Experience with web delivered technologies (IIS, SQL, Sitecore, Episerver, SharePoint)
- Experience with virtualization solution architecture including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware
- Working knowledge of network security and compliance (encryption, security audit
- ITIL Foundations and understanding of IT Service Management
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.