Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable, and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin under the hood).
The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, and partners; and the financial markets upon which we rely.
As a member of this team, you’ll design, operate and support cutting-edge SASE/SSE systems to provide web security, CASB and remote access to business users around the globe. Using your strong analytical skills and experience with scripting and automation, you’ll identify more efficient, repeatable, and secure ways to deliver your service. Your focus on continuous improvement and desire to share knowledge will allow you to lead and mentor less experienced team members.
What you'll work on:
- Working across teams to implement security controls throughout the company.
- Enhancing the organizational security posture by acting as a subject matter expert (SME) of a broad array of security products.
- Deploying POCs and Pilots as needed, working with multiple enterprise teams to obtain testers to validate assumptions and operation of controls prior to wide scale deployment.
- Ensuring proper documentation of existing configuration, procedures, and guidelines.
- Translating IT security strategies into tactical initiatives. Leading small to medium-sized projects.
- Leading security reviews of new and existing technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts.
- Recommending security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk.
- Performing risk assessments and leading remediation efforts to minimize enterprise risk exposure.
- Working with third-party security vendors to enable new features, resolve security tool issues and leverage the tool’s capabilities for improving Circle’s security posture.
- Mentoring team members to help develop their skill sets.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years’ experience in network security design and configuration with experience supporting enterprise environments.
- Experience deploying, migrating to, and/or supporting cloud network security (SASE/CASB) products such as Netskope, iBoss, Zscaler or Palo Alto PrismaAccess.
- Working knowledge of web proxies (Cisco, BlueCoat, Zscaler, McAfee) and/or remote access/VPN solutions (Palo Alto, Zscaler).
- Experience in scripting and automation tools such as Ansible, Python or Terraform.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the capability to handle and own critical issues through to resolution.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote