GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for leading our efforts in combining sound development practices, leveraging proven testing techniques and technologies, and collaborating in efforts to deliver solutions where there exists gaps in GoodRx’s mission to deliver high quality products with continuously improving efficiency.
In this role, the SDET will be working with cross-functional teams including Developers, Product Managers, QA Engineers, Designers, and Technical Managers to ensure that the quality of our development and products are released on time with solid test automation coverage. This candidate will be responsible for recommending, improving and implementing testing tools, techniques and technologies. This candidate will drive adoption and distribute ownership of quality across their teams for maximum efficiency. Success looks like everyone in the team contributing meaningfully to a practical part of the quality process. Our team runs millions of automated tests every year, most of which are fully integrated into our deployment pipelines. We are looking for a champion of quality that can work alongside other quality enthusiasts at GoodRx to continuously improve our testing efficiency while maintaining our bar of quality to the levels our customers demand and deserve.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to review system requirements and technical design documents and ensure new features are developed using automation in mind.
- Recommend, augment and implement usage of proven automation tools, technologies and techniques to solve specific situations.
- Elevate the quality of our releases by helping maintain automated tests integrated into our CI/CD pipelines.
- Distribute ownership of quality across the team and provide delightful tools and support for smooth adoption.
- Enable short and direct feedback loops on the quality of every code submission.
- Enable developers with the tools (technologies or otherwise) to begin establishing confidence from the very start of feature design and implementation.
- A leader and a champion for Quality practices within GoodRx and an advocate for our customers’ expectations.
- Staying up to date with process, tools, technologies, techniques and solutions. Leading evaluation discussions in our internal community of Quality practitioners.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4+ years of SDET experience (or development experience)
- Experience Leading a team in QA
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience in similar field required
- 4+ years of experience with automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and/or API’s using frameworks like Playwright, Puppeteer, Selenium, Appium, Cypress, pyTest.
- Hands on experience using version control systems such as Git and a solid understanding of Git workflows
- Strong software development skills and a solid understanding of software development practices and methodologies (code structure, unit testing, mocking, algorithms, etc).
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications, mobile applications
- Hands on experience working with continuous integration tools
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Avid Learner: Passion for continuous learning and able to effectively communicate technology-oriented concepts.
Nice to Have:
- TypeScript experience
- DevOps experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, or Google Cloud Computing Services
- Developer by background but knows and likes ensure code works properly
- Natural curiosity and need to understand how things work
- Open source contributions
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.