Lead QA Engineer at Brio Systems (Remote)
Brio’s mission is to make diagnostic testing valuable for all and to become the largest provider of diagnostic laboratory testing in the world. We are an early-stage startup that is profitable, with unprecedented growth. This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
This role will be a part of our Engineering Team and will report directly to Cindy Mottershead, our Chief Technology Officer. The Engineering Team is responsible for building, maintaining, and further developing our product. Our team gets excited about challenges, fast-changing environments and problems with no clear solution. We are opinionated, but equally open to the opinions of others. We value extreme ownership, attention to detail, and relish disambiguation. Solving problems nobody has tackled before in an environment where the landscape is shifting daily is our idea of fun. We want people on our team who are eager to contribute to our business and culture, not just our code base. We work with almost every department to determine what the best solution is for everyone involved. If this team sounds like what you are looking for, please keep reading!
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
- Create and document test plans for complete coverage of user stories
- Develop manual and automated UI tests
- Investigate and reproduce bugs
- Prepare test data in test databases, csv files, and other input
- Improve end to end integration testing
- Identify and debug test automation failures
- Coordinate testing across teams
- Competitive salaries and equity
- Unheard of health benefits. Really. We pay your medical premiums and deductible!
- Dental and vision coverage
- Retirement Account
- A Gift of Time Benefit where we pay for one time-saving service for you. Think laundry, meal kits, home cleaning, etc. (We know what you are thinking and yes, this is real.)
- An amazingly open and passion-filled work environment where everyone is given the ability to contribute and help us grow.
- 5+ years experience, Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Web based manual and automated UI testing experience
- Great communication skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong desire to own the health of the product
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and overcome hurdles
- Experience in agile development
- Experience with a digital product that includes interacting with field operations
Even Better If You Also Have:
- Experience QAing SaaS products
- Experience with medical apps
- Remote and startup experience
How to Get the Role
If you want this role, you first and foremost need to be driven by the need for establishing quality at every step of the development process. If you are the person who sees all the possible ways that a product can fail, and creates comprehensive tests to detect these mods, then we want you. You are someone who fights for quality even if it requires push back on release dates. You are someone who seeks out user (internal such as Customer Support, and external users) feedback in order to identify and reproduce failure modes. You are driven to understand every workflow providing documentation and test plans.
At Brio we are devoted to recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status. Individuals and teams with different backgrounds and experiences foster diverse ideas, which brings universal perspectives to universal problems. So if we want to create a world with equitable healthcare, it is our responsibility to employ and partner with people who represent the world as it is. At Brio, diversity is not just something we believe in, it is a part of our DNA. It makes us unique and it drives us forward.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we currently do not sponsor visas.