Lead Mobile Engineer, (React Native) - Hybrid at XPO (Portland, OR)
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
This position is eligible to sit in any of the below locations:
- Portland, OR
- Charlotte, NC
As the Lead Engineer, Software Engineering (Mobile) you will provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications, products and services. You'll drive proficiency within teams, provide resolution to technical issues, assure best practices are followed, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives while contributing to smooth business operations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Coordinates technical tasks and ensures teams are working efficiently; oversees the development/support of specific IT areas and systems, and timely delivery of projects
- Contributes to defining new business requirements; identifies and communicates risks to the business
- Acts as a liaison between project management, technical teams and IT leadership; assures best practices are defined and followed; drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible
- Manages all aspects of coding for the team - branching, code review, ensure code reusability and maintainability with constant refactoring, collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team on standards and approaches. Ultimately accountable for the quality of the code for the project.
- Coding project deliverables
- Mentor developers and helps resolve technical roadblocks; conduct collaborative code reviews and coordinates the deployment and implementation of software solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience architecting and developing mobile (preferably Android) apps for large enterprise systems with demonstrated experience in a technical lead role
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, DB2)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a good understanding of mobile app UX patterns, and a passion for implementing high quality user interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of IT software development methodologies and processes in an agile environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience developing mobile apps using React Native
- Experience shipping Android apps to the Play Store and/or managed deployment using Enterprise Mobility Management tools such as Soti
- Full Stack development experience using Java and Angular
- Experience with creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Messaging Buses).
- Experience with full SDLC implementation of projects using TIBCO or SOA design patterns.
- Experience in an Agile Environment with Scrum methodologies
- Experience with asynchronous messaging frameworks for application integration
- Experience in production support activities by monitoring and troubleshooting production issues
- Experience in software configuration management using SVN and GIT
- Experience in working under multiple operating systems like Windows, UNIX (Sun Solaris and Linux) and UNIX Shell scripting
Be part of something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.