Lead Java Developer at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
We are actively sourcing for a Lead Java Developer. This role will work closely with our global team in building cutting edge, customer-centric software solution. This person will not only help lead the team but also be coding on their own as well.
You will sit at one of Rightpoint's clients and work on some very dynamic and innovative technical projects. The client is one of the leaders in the Financial Services Industry. While you will be working with other Rightpoint team members, this role will be physically located at the client site in the New York City office. Currently, this role is fully remote due to COVID restrictions. Once offices are open, you will sit onsite with the client and will be aligned to this client, long-term.
What You'll Be Doing and the Impact You'll Make
• Collaborate with global cross functional team in building customer-centric software products
• Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
• Develop backend services that enable software applications
• Implement security and data protection features
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
• Collaborate with Git in a multi-developer team
• Contribute to database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
• Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
What We’d Love To See:
• Extensive experience using Java 8 and above
• Experience with Kafka or JMS is a must
• Experience constructing REST APIs using Spring Boot
• Experience working on microservices architectures
• Experience building application on relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB and/or Hadoop
• Experience leveraging test driven development techniques
• Experience implementing unit tests and meeting code coverage metrics
• Appreciation for clean and well documented code
• Comfort with Agile operating models
• In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with understanding of various phases such as requirements, analysis/design and development
• Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Experience in developing Banking/FinServ applications
• Solid understanding on Data Structures, Software Design Principals, Security and Testing
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with sanctions screening vendor products or implementations
• Knowledge of multiple front-end technologies like Angular, React, Ember, HTML, CSS, or jQuery
• Familiarity with web servers (e.g. Apache)
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
• Flexible PTO
• Flexible Work Schedule
• Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts (Multiple Options!!)
• 401k with Company Matching
• Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
• Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.