Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Marqeta's Business Technology Team is looking for a Lead System Engineer – Trust, to advance the security posture of our corporate systems & endpoints globally. This role will directly impact the security across all of the corporate infrastructure worldwide - including Marqeta's Corporate and Production environments.
The Lead System Engineer has responsibility for establishing, leading, and continuously refining the company’s function and team focusing on operational efficiency, security, and compliance engineering. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to build and shape the program with internal stakeholder support as part of a scaling security organization. Close alignment with both business priorities and the direction of the Technology organization means this role offers the chance to make a lasting impact on company success.What You'll Do
- Shared Ownership of all of our SaaS platforms as a top-level architect/administrator
- Build and install integrations between platforms to automate user life cycle
- Continue up-leveling our JAMF to ensure seamless deployments for laptops
- Integrate all of our applications into SSO and improve our IAM Hygiene
- Continue automating onboarding and offboarding using Okta Workflows
- Be on-call from time to time for special deployments or updates to systems
- Manage configuration, optimization, and documentation of various solutions
- Become a reliable go-to resource on the team for tier-3 technical support issues
- Assist with event support for periodic high profile Corporate and Special Program events
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Engineering or SaaS Ops roles
- Experience building and implementing systems like Okta/SSO, Jamf, etc. from scratch
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Experienced with administering SaaS services (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Zoom)
- Experiencing with harnessing the power of APIs
- Deep knowledge and experience with:
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Passion for quality and security
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects
- Experience with building and managing office networks and VPN solutions
- Big Plus: Experience managing AV systems (Zoom Rooms, Crestron, Mixers, etc)
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote