Lead iOS Developer (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit values. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.The Role!We are looking for a Lead iOS Developer who will build and maintain a world class mobile application that works directly with our backend services and external partners. Success in this role requires the ability to connect with people, effect positive change through leading by example, and to design & develop amazing solutions with a user-centric focus. (iOS Native)In your tool-bag:
- A desire to lead by example and mentor other iOS engineers
- A deep understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Ability to extend, optimize, and maintain an existing codebase
- Ability to implement app features that are fun & easy to use, follow iOS human interface guidelines, and always make the user’s experience better
- Ability to optimize app performance whether it is related to networking, UI, or data management
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Write highly testable code and teach others to do the same
- Debug and troubleshoot problems you may have never encountered before
You have experience with:
- Required: 5 plus years experience
- You’ve shipped apps to millions of users
- Objective C or Swift
- Networking, specifically using REST APIs from mobile
- Implementing UI using Storyboards
- Working with and integrating third party SDKs (Firebase, Iterable, Zendesk)
- Managing apps, certificates, testers, provisions via Apple’s developer portal and App Store Connect
- Version control systems (Git)
- Experience moving code from Objective C to Swift
- Automated testing on mobile
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We’re a very canine-friendly workplace.