Our commercial team is focused on building solutions that make app building easier for customers utilizing the Ionic ecosystem. Our products focus on streamlining the app building process by bringing DevOps to the mobile development space and building SDKs for crucial features for both iOS and Android.
We’re looking for an engineer experienced in full stack development to help us continue to build out and optimize our Appflow product, a cloud based CI/CD platform for Capacitor and Cordova apps that empowers developers building apps in the Ionic ecosystem to easily build and deploy their applications.
The ideal developer has experience creating RESTful APIs, building modern frontend web applications using frameworks like React, and experience maintaining & deploying infrastructure on major cloud vendors. This is a truly full-stack role but candidates may lean more towards backend.
Ultimately, this position involves working with a wide variety of technologies to build and deploy our CI/CD platform such as, Fastlane (Ruby), Kubernetes, Python, React, Go and more.
What does success look like in this role? As the Cloud Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will:
• Work across the technology stack from front-end to back-end with a range of technologies
• Drive the development of the software in ways that balance quality, user experience, long term speed and stability
• Communicate effectively with other cloud teams to coordinate development and enhancement of shared resources
• Communicate effectively with teammates and build trust to achieve shared goals
• Communicate effectively with Customer Success team to triage, fix, and coordinate timelines for critical customer issues
• Work closely with product management to understand new and emerging customer pain points and identify opportunities to invent and enhance our software
• Internalize a large and complex multi-language project and help other team members get up to speed and be effective individual contributors
• Be laser focused on the end-user while also keeping in mind what the business is working to achieve and how your work will support business objectives
• Be results oriented and creatively solve problems using your knowledge and expertise to help people in a range of ways
• Have a personality that fits and even enhances Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement, transparency, communication and customer centricity
• Be a self-starter and team player
Your areas of responsibility will include:
• Participate and contribute to architectural meetings to design new features
• Design and implement new features while reducing overall technical debt with minimal oversight and guidance
• Design, implement and improve cloud infrastructure for new and existent software with minimal oversight and guidance
• Interact with the Software Architects to align new and existing software to company guidelines
• Constantly evaluate the newest technologies and think of ways to incorporate them into your work
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• 5+ years experience as a developer building complex full stack applications and managing infrastructure. A CS degree and the knowledge of core concepts it provides are highly valued.
• Strong Backend Skills like Python, SQL, REST, GraphQL
• Strong knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
• Strong cloud infrastructure knowledge, preferably AWS
• Good knowledge of infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
• Experience with CI/CD systems
• End-to-End testing experience is a plus
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Vice President of Engineering
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who we are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.
More Information on Ionic
Ionic operates in the Mobile industry. The company is located in Madison, WI. Ionic was founded in 2012. It has 77 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 9 open jobs at Ionic, click here.
Read Full Job Description