Lead Front End Engineer at Flyhomes (Seattle, WA)
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
Our headquarters are in Seattle, WA. This role could be located in any state where we are operating. The current list is: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Utah and more to come!
This position is remote and may be performed anywhere in the US, with the exception of the state of Colorado.
Flyhomes is looking for a detail-oriented and creative Lead Front End Engineer to join our Seattle, WA Flyhomes Engineering team! You will play a pivotal role in growing and scaling the Flyhomes platform as well as improving and refining our dev practices and engineering culture.
You’ll be working with the Vertical Integration team on both our brokerage & operations facing tool sets as well as our client facing properties to change the way people buy their next house. The Vertical Integration team is responsible for capturing the workflows, data pipelines and insights necessary for our extremely dedicated business teams to deliver our game changing client experience and financial products. This is an opportunity to have a huge amount of impact on both our engineering architecture and foundations as well as the team’s efficiency and effectiveness with our products.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and designers, to architect, design, and deliver our digital products
- Be a thought leader on front-end systems and architecture and contribute across the full stack where necessary
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Mentor others in development best practices and processes. Seek to continuously improve the overall Flyhomes engineering practice
What You’ll Bring
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with server-side API frameworks, such as Rails API, Django, Flask, FaskAPI
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Advanced computer science & engineering fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!