Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Frontend Engineering Manager to join our Portfolio Construction Team!
We’re looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Frontend Engineering Manager who will build an inclusive team culture, empower engineers to succeed and foster an environment that creates high quality engineering processes and product delivery. You are passionate about building rich user experiences and can amplify your technical knowledge via your team. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to deliver great products for our clients.
Our engineering team primarily works in ReactJS and EmberJS but we don’t require experience with any specific tool set. We use Agile methodologies to deliver impactful business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, coach and mentor a team of software engineers
- Drive software delivery and improve engineering processes
- Collaborate cross functionally with product owners designers, programme managers and other Engineering leads to deliver impactful business outcomes for our clients
- Leverage your technical knowledge to help engineers develop lovable, pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.)
- 7+ years experience as a professional software engineer with at least 3+ years leading successful teams
- Extensive experience building intuitive, feature-rich and scalable user experiences
- A strong, hands-on technical mindset and a desire to leverage your technical expertise via your team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- Ability to drive delivery within goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs; to build iterative solutions and respond to client feedback
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with finance and/or a public cloud environment is a plus
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.