Lead Cloud Escalation Engineer at Netskope (Remote)
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and [email protected]
- Work with a world-class enterprise technical support team. Teams are spread across APAC, NAM and EMEA.
- Own and drive escalated support issues. Work on critical incident response tasks as required.
- Work on general support tickets as required.
- Work closely with support managers, engineering and product management on building/improving processes, procedures and tools.
- Drive weekly technical team calls along with other technical leads.
- Collaborate with various departments and participate in short and long term projects.
- Collaborate with other leads to share knowledge on the new issues observed and cascade this to the rest of the teams and field.
- Assist and mentor frontline support engineers.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in supporting large enterprise customers.
- Strong Networking background and knowledge. Extensive and in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, Cookies & SSL/TLS protocols
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience supporting network security technologies such as Proxies, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN’s, DLP, SSO
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of UNIX/Linux and Windows based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Expert in troubleshooting various scenarios and systems by using knowledge of common tools (tcpdump) and protocols (TCP/IP, NTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in traffic analysis tools like Fiddler, Wireshark.
- System/server-side experience for troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience in configuring & testing applications for SAML Single SignOn with various IDPs.
- Experience in WS-Fed & WS-Trust protocols is a plus.
- Prior experience of testing HTTP content rewrite solutions.
- Cloud Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Opensource technologies).
- Working experience in Linux, Windows and Mobile environments.
- Strong familiarity with one of the scripting languages like Python or Java (Python preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- Prior experience mentoring, guiding, managing junior team members
- Determined and ever ready to roll up sleeves to respond to the needs of customers proactively and promptly.
- Believe in innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to foster the originality of ideas.
- Prior experience working with Salesforce/Zendesk or other support portal tools
- Achievement orientated and willing to take responsibility for own actions.
- B.E /B.Tech /M.Tech degree from a recognised and accredited university/college.