Lead Architect (Indianapolis, IN)
Serves as key contributor working in partnership with Release Train and Delivery Teams to guide the strategy, design, implementation, and support for enterprise solutions. Works closely with the business and technology leadership to establish an architectural framework and the definition of technology strategy, standards, polices, and roadmaps. The ideal candidate is an experienced architectural leader with demonstrated experience defining, designing, and integrating with Salesforce based solutions and should be comfortable operating with direct and indirect influence. If no Salesforce experience, ability to quickly ramp up on Salesforce ecosystem.
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Drive's quality in the solution architectures developed.
- Stays current on technologies and architectures to stay ahead of engineering to be able to provide technical Roadmaps
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Participates in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward, providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other's successes and challenges.
Technical Architecture Development
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations, technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 7+ years of experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
- 3+ years of experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
- Software development background in modern server-side computing stacks with Java/Spring Boot preferred.
- Software development background in the Salesforce eco-system preferred
- Strong background in API design patterns including RESTful APIs, messaging-based APIs and other architectural integration patterns.
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture, data model, and strategy of a Salesforce based platform and integrations.
- Ability to quickly evaluate and learn in new situations and apply to business initiatives and outcomes.
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, and concepts.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.