Lead Architect - Cloud at JPMorgan Chase (Houston, TX)
A career with us is a journey, not a destination. This could be the next best step in your technical career. Join us.
As a Lead Architect at JPMorgan Chase within the Finance Risk Data and Controls Corporate Data Services Team, you are an integral part of a team that works to develop high-quality architecture solutions for various software applications on modern cloud-based technologies. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical architecture solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of project goals.
- Engages technical teams and business stakeholders to discuss and propose technical approaches to meet current and future needs
- Defines the technical target state of their product and drives achievement of the strategy
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with the ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information
- Provide oversight and guidance on the best practices for coding, testing, and deployment.
- Create product documentations, lab and other training materials and lead training sessions to educate technical and business user teams.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Practical cloud native experience
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to recommend the best solutions for the future state architecture
- Advanced in Java programming
- Hands-on practical experience on Databricks
- Practical experience on Snowflake, Lake Formation, Thoughtspot, AtScale, Immuta, Apache NiFi, or DataHub
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on experience on AWS serverless services (Lambda, stepFunction, Event Bridge, DynamoDB)
- Hands-on experience on Mongo DB
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.