At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
For the past 10+ years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. A key part of an IT team's responsibilities includes provisioning, cataloging, and securing endpoint devices. Meraki's Systems Manager (SM) strives to simplify mobile device management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. The Systems Manager engineering team is committed to building the best and simplest endpoint solution for enterprises. We work as a small and lean team and wear many hats.
As a Lead Android Engineer on the SM Platform team, you will work on building apps that facilitate device management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Android devices. These apps have both user-facing features and background services to talk to Meraki's cloud and third-party APIs. You will have the opportunity to work across the full stack from pixel-perfect front ends to high-performance backend algorithms to improve how our product scales. Your work will run on hundreds of thousands of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.What you will do:
- Work with Product Management to identify, scope, and roadmap upcoming Android features and platform work
- Collaborate with UX design and research to identify and implement features and enhancements that solve customer's use cases
- Improve the team's tooling and processes that increase code quality and developer happiness
- Be a technical leader by helping other specialists make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering standard methodologies
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 6+ years of experience in native Android development
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other specialists, and leading large technical projects
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new products or complex features
- Have the ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product-oriented mindset with a deep desire to understand users
- Aren't afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack!
- Flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- Metrics-driven and know how to track mobile performance over time and proactively address crashes/regressions
- Experience developing in Kotlin
- Experience with continuous integrations systems (ex: GitLab, TeamCity)
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (ex: JUnit, Espresso, Roboelectric, Powermock)
- Have previously worked with Ruby on Rails and React or similar full-stack technologies
- Familiarity with Google's Android Enterprise APIs or Samsung's Knox SDK
- Have prior people management experience
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.