Junior Software Engineer at FATHOM5 (Austin, TX)
| Austin, TX | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Fathom5 is an industrial technology company building security-first Brilliant Machines to accelerate Industry 4.0. Our work requires us to think critically, act boldly, and move quickly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Software Engineer to join our software design team. You will report directly to the Fathom5 Chief Engineer and assist with all functions of software coding and design. Your primary focus will be to learn the codebase, learn Fathom5’s DevOps practices, develop code as part of small teams, and work with customers and users on feedback.
We are looking for a curious, creative individual with a technical foundation who is naturally fascinated by the challenges and detail work in enabling industrial automation and has the technical capacity to systematically express their problem-solving ideas in contributing to our mission to Secure the Digital Future.
The Fathom5 Junior Software Engineer will:
- Assist the Chief Engineer with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attend and contribute to company development meetings, daily stand-up, and demo days.
- Learn the codebase and improve their coding skills.
- Write and maintain code.
- Work on bug fixes.
- Respond to requests from the development team.
- Write reports.
- Conduct development and integration tests.
and will also have a working knowledge of:
- Command line tools
- Pulling and making commits
- Docker containers
- Microservice design patterns – making APIs, clusters, and containers
The Fathom5 Junior Software Engineer position requires:
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages – Demonstrated experience and proficiency in at least two programming languages (GOLANG, Rust, C, and C++ preferred).
- Clear and effective communication – Written and oral communication skills sufficient to explain technical material to other team members.
- Quick learning – The ability and desire to learn new technologies swiftly.
- Team-first mentality – The ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Startup Stamina – Fathom5 is changing the world at the intersection of industrial systems and advanced software. Sometimes changing the world requires long hours, standing for full days at events, and medical clearance for carrying computer equipment as well as occasional travel in support of our customers.
This is an entry level position and will have these credentials:
- B.S./B.A. from an accredited four-year university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electric Engineering with a CS focus
- Coding academy certifications also welcomed and accepted
- 0-2 years experience in a professional business environment
At Fathom5, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Fathom5 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our projects, only US Citizens can be considered for employment at this time. No recruiters, please!
Read Full Job Description