Junior Software Engineer at Honeybee Robotics (Houston, TX)
Find out what all the buzz is about! If you are looking for a career that's fast-paced and exciting, then you've come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world's most advanced robotics systems for the world's toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Junior Software Engineer works to develop and implement new software for robotic applications.
- Develop and maintain robotic control and measurement software systems for both embedded systems and Linux desktops
- Contribute to overall robotics software architecture and roadmap decisions
- Evaluate and identify improvements to system designs with specific focus on robust autonomy
- Implement software development, test, and release tools and processes
- Interface with scientists, engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production
- Create technical documentation (e.g. specifications, hazards analysis, etc.) for complex systems
- Provide hands-on support to cross-functional product development teams serving markets including space, defense, medical, manufacturing, and other industries
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- University software education reinforced by software development work, internships, and/or student team competition responsibilities during university education
- 1-5 years of experience in software development for desktop, mobile, and/or embedded targets
- Fundamental understanding of computer architectures, information representation, control flow, and memory management
- Development experience with robotic systems and theory (e.g. mechatronics, kinematics, dynamics, sensing, control, planning, etc.)
- C (or C++) development on both non-real-time and real-time platforms
- Python or Ruby development for rapid algorithm development and data analysis
- Development of distributed asynchronous and deterministic systems
- Fluency in distributed software version control with Git and modern distributed software development and collaboration workflows
Honeybee Robotics, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.