Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the role
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to join our technical support team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and you will be at the frontline in ensuring their sustained growth and success. You'll interact with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas support engineers to help triage issues and perform initial investigation steps. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and escalate important ones to our engineering team. This is an entry-level position with a lot of opportunities for growth.
You should have good technical aptitudes (or willingness to learn), experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Be the first point of contact for customers by triaging and answering Tier 1 level requests or questions
- Ask for missing information needed to troubleshoot customer problems and provide initial insights
- Escalate complex tickets to the Tier 2 team, making sure they have all the required details to perform the investigation
- Improve and create new customer-facing documentation and integration guides
- Collaborate closely with various teams including engineering (provide feedback, file and fix bugs), go-to-market (respond quickly to high priority issues, talk to prospects), and product (provide roadmap feedback)
- You are a coding bootcamp graduate or you are a self-learned/hobbyist programmer
- You've provided customer/technical support before (preferably for a technical or SaaS product)
- You are eager and self-motivated to learn new technologies
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You love solving puzzles and learning new tools and approaches to do so
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.