Java Developer at Fivesky
Do you have exceptional experience in Java or Python ? Do you have experience working with infrastructure and Public Cloud technologies? Do you have experience connecting multi-tier applications from on-prem to public cloud ? Then you might be Fivesky’s next Java Developer. We’re building a brand-new global team of engineers who will have a direct impact on changing the way over 1.5 million participants manage their assets.
What you’ve done:
- Lead development projects in a distributed enterprise environment, using modern tools and practices including git, jenkins, test-driven development, and continuous integration in a Linux-based environment
- Extensive development skills in Python, Java or Golang, and ability to mentor junior developers ( participate in code reviews )
- Management of Cloud Native / Kubernetes through automation
- Worked extensively with Infrastructure code (Terraform, Ansible, Cloud formation etc), and cloud computing
What you will do:
Work with Product Management and Vendors to develop and deploy Cloud services to meet client requirements
Would be awesome if you had:
- 3+ years’ experience working in AWS, Azure or GCE
- Experience writing comprehensive unit tests, including the mocking of external utilities and APIs
- An understanding of standard Linux command line debugging tools.
- Experience of working with RESTful APIs to manage, configure compute storage infrastructure
- Experience working with teams using scrum, Kanban or other agile practices
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Baltimore, MD. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.