Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Java Developers here face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
Our Engineers work on an exciting mix of both greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technologies.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Working on different aspects of the core product and associated tools, (server-side or user-interfaces depending on the team you'll join)
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services
- Designing new features.
- Creating the supporting functional and technical specifications.
- Estimating the effort required to develop and implement.
- Developing and unit testing new features.
- Supporting release and implementation of developed features.
- Adhering to coding standards development processes.
What we value:
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you will bring
Strong core Java, concurrency and server-side experience
- 4+ Years of experience with hands on coding, this job may require 70% of coding.
- Strong Java8 and Microservices. (Must)
- An understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures/Distributed architectures, web services and caching.
- A familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Able to develop in a Unix/Linux environment, including basic sys-admin and scripting (shell, perl).
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Experience in the following technologies would be beneficial but not essential, SpringBoot, Kotlin, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Redis