As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our growing technology team. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 engineering team that is involved in the entire life cycle of development, from the browser to the database. You will be part of the team that owns high performance, mission critical services, from design to development, deployment and operation at scale. Get the chance to work in a microservices architecture, add new features, solve day-to-day problems and contribute to system wide technical improvements. All this in an agile run project that is continuously deployed in Kubernetes clusters hosted in AWS and OCI.
- Design and implement modular, scalable, and highly available software components
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Understand the functional requirements and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team
- Solid knowledge of the Spring framework
- Strong technical skills across Java, SQL, web and database technologies
- Development experience with Java REST web services
Nice to have:
- Experience working with micro services in cloud based solutions
- Experience working with cloud providers (e.g AWS) and cloud technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience working with stream processing frameworks (e.g. Flink, Spark, Storm, etc.)
- Familiarity with Hibernate, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
- 25 annual leave days. Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Bank Holidays (Public Holidays) during the weekend, are observed on weekdays
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company
- Private Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Meal Tickets
- Telecom allowance
- Newborn allowance
- Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Flexible Benefits Platform
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Learning and training initiatives
- Flexible working schedule
- Restricted stock unit: generous grant of stocks that you receive when signing with us, enabling you to own a part of the company
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
More Information on 8x8
8x8 operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Campbell, CA and New York, NY. 8x8 was founded in 2022. It has 2147 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 68 open jobs at 8x8, click here.
Read Full Job Description