WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a Remote position based in EST Time Zone.
We are looking for a system engineer to solve complex issues through automation and integration of our growing SaaS infrastructure. You will be part of a close-knit team assisting with integrating and automating our processes through our service APIs. In addition, you will be the subject matter expert of multiples services and areas. Conduct post-mortems and conduct a deep-dive root cause analysis for these services. You will be responsible or part of large projects in the planning, building, deploying, and documentation phases of a project.
- Build tooling and connections between IT services to improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Build tooling to automate compliance and security audit requests
- Own the maintenance, configuration, and business continuity of IT services
- Conduct post-mortems and root cause analysis for IT service outages
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Monitor services uptime and ensure business continuity
- Build automation and tool to improve managing our endpoints through JAMF
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom apps to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Establish and centralized system logs of IT services
- Assist with projects and task outside of the day to day responsibilities
- Owns projects, overseeing a project from start to finish. Accountable for establishing project milestones and project deliverables
- Routinely contributes to IT documentation and Knowledge Base
- Handles vendor relationships for IT services
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a doer, strive for excellence, and make every effort to unblock issues.
- You have a passion for automation and improving work efficiency
- You have experience integrating services such as G Suite, Slack, Okta, JAMF, and other standard IT services via their APIs
- Working knowledge of virtualization, AWS, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting and automation tools, including but not limited to Bash, Python, and Ruby
- Comfortable using tools such as JIRA, Git, and GAM
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT services
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- A self-starter, ability to multitask, prioritize issues based on severity and work independently
- Maintains close attention to detail and follows a task to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of networking (familiar with OSI model)
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- You have an ITIL foundation or higher certification
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- You have a JAMF 300 or 400 certification
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.