IT Principal Systems Engineer, Wholesale - Systems Lead at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
IT Principal Systems Engineer, Wholesale - Systems Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer, Wholesale - Systems Lead to join our growing team and lead, manage, and transform our Systems Lead for our internal and external users and customers. As Principal Systems Engineer, Wholesale - Systems Lead, you are a seasoned technology leader with a track record of standing up and leading transformation journey with cutting edge web design and technologies in telecom companies. In this exciting role, you will be challenged with the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the customer experience across the sales, carrier relations, ordering and billing life cycle.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in the telecom sales ordering and billing domain. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing comprehensive E2E customer management experience into reality.
As Principal Systems Engineer, Wholesale - Systems Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead small to complex business initiatives for sales, ordering and billing and deliver best in class customer experience
- Identify the opportunities to improvise the process and system flows
- Define architecture and solution designs for business needs within the context of existing OSS/ BSS suite mostly but would need to identify approaches to gaps in existing OSS/ BSS applications
- Conduct Impact analysis and feasibility study for various solution approaches and deliver recommendations to the Enterprise Architect and IT development teams
- Collaborate with interfacing teams, define target dates for testing and ensure end to end robustness and scalability of code
- Quickly understand business requirements and rules to develop optimization and personalization requests
- Swiftly troubleshoot any issues which arise pre- and post-launch of any initiatives
- Work with business partners to build real time sales/marketing campaigns for solving problems such as improving conversion rate and overall customer satisfaction
- Oversee architecture and software development, particularly in customer sales and ordering functionalities like campaign, marketing content, leads, opportunities, quoting, qualification, address validation, facility check, pricing, credit verification, and contract management.
- Assess project risk, provide accurate timelines, proactively take action, and ensure robust development performance and stability in production
- Identify the coding standards used and help the team adapt the standards
- Adopt Agile, DevOps and other enablers to improve the effectiveness of project delivery
- Communicate project progress, status, risks, issues etc. to management, including providing status on a recurring basis as well as for special circumstances
- Tracks industry trends and leverage to drive innovation and solution excellence across various functional domains within the BSS space
- Understanding of industry standard ASR and LSR process flow
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 3 years of leadership experience
- 6+ years of development experience with JAVA, J2EE including the ability in troubleshooting various environment issues
- 4+ years of experience in telecom domain, product, and services
- 7+ years of design and development in the OSS/BSS space around CPQ, Order Management, and provisioning for Enterprise portfolio
- Highly skillful in OSS system architecture, designs, specifications, system testing and system users training and adoption in carrier Ethernet service provisioning, design, and configuration.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Large dataset handling capability and analytical skills using BigQuery
- Experience in customer sales functions like product catalog, buy flows, credit check, address validation and pricing
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers GCP and Azure
- Experience leading software development lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping, integration, testing, and production release
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and participate in discussions focusing on best practices, user experience, functional requirements, and team dynamics
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prioritize the key business programs by collaborating with business partners
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- MEF certification
- Experience with Geo coding systems. CPQ processes
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer