IT Principal System Engineer - Provisioning Workflow at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Principal System Engineer - E2E Provisioning Workflow - Enterprise and Wholesale Systems to join our growing team and lead, manage and transform our order provisioning and activation platforms. As IT Principal System Engineer - E2E Provisioning Workflow - Enterprise and Wholesale Systems, you are a seasoned technology leader with a record of accomplishment of standing up and leading scalable distributed systems in telecom companies. In this exciting role, you will be challenged with the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the customer order provisioning process across the whole order provisioning life cycle.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in the telecom provisioning domain. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing comprehensive E2E customer management experience into reality.
As IIT Principal System Engineer - Provisioning Workflow your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with business lead, and architect in understanding the business process
- Design the business process using business process model, and notation (BPMN)
- Lead the business process implementation into workflow and API-based integration
- Oversee E2E wholesale provisioning workflow to guide team members on development activities
- Identify the coding standards used, and help the team adapt to the standards
- Explore industry trend, evaluate, and stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack innovative
- Influence, negotiate, build consensus, and align with peer engineering, product, business teams, and vendor partners on solutions and implementation
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines, to build, test and release the working solutions
- Define strategy for performance analysis and runtime monitoring for the process flows
- Design and review the code for optimal performance, scalability, and stability, and be able to qualify code with proper test procedures
- Work closely with senior management, analyzing long-term business goals and suggesting ways the organization might achieve these goals with technology
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- 8+ years of development experience of programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with BPMN tool to model business workflows – preferable Appian, Bonitasoft, RH PAM, Cumunda or JBPM
- Experience with working BPEL engine, decision table, rules engine.
- Proven expertise in designing and developing REST based micro-services
- Proficiency working in Azure or other cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with SQL queries, data creation, understanding data requirement and Unit testing
- Experience in SQL query build, understanding of data requirements for unit testing.
- Experience working within Jira, GIT, Jenkins, docker, artifactory , and practices in agile software development lifecycle
- Experience leading software development lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping, integration, testing, and production release
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prioritize the key business programs by collaborating with business partners
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working in Telecommunication Enterprise and Wholesale business domain covering Access Service Requests and Local Service Request processes
- Knowledge with VOIP, UCaaS, BGP, TCP/IP, CALIX, Cisco Routing, Switching, firewalls, etc.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.