IT Principal System Engineer, Layer 1 Provisioning at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Principal System Engineer, Layer 1 Provisioning system to join our growing team and lead, manage and transform our order provisioning and activation platforms. As Principal System Engineer, Layer 1 Provisioning System, you are a seasoned technology leader with a track record of standing up and leading scalable distributed systems in telecom companies. In this exciting role, you will be challenged with the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the customer order provisioning process across the whole order provisioning life cycle.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in the telecom provisioning domain. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing comprehensive E2E customer management experience into reality.
As IT Principal System Engineer, Layer 1 Provisioning System, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee software development, particularly in the areas of Layer 1 provisioning systems to guide team members to design and implement solutions
- Data modeling and performance analysis to dive end-to-end system enhancements utilizing best-in-class technologies, systems efficiency, and productivity
- Participate in network design review, understand network standards, and address network design errors.
- Provided solutions and services to major carriers including business transformation, migrations, business process optimization, enterprise technology integration of full software development life cycle
- Project leadership and management, risk management, program management process, systems outsourcing, managed services, and 3rd party development
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user support guides
- Work with various cross-functional teams across organizations
- Guide others to assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack cutting edge
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 4 years of leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience in Layer 1 OSS System
- Experience in application development of Ethernet, DSL technologies, and their related network designs
- Experience in Network Design, VoIP, DSL technologies, and CALIX equipment’s.
- Knowledge of Access, Layer 1 transport, Copper, Voice, Ethernet, DS1, DS3, GPON, ROADM etc.
- Knowledge of equipment activation process of Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco Switches/Routers, Juniper, Ciena
- Working knowledge of TIRKS®
- Experience in driving the design of OSS provisioning of enterprise & wholesale products
- Experience in Java, Spring framework.
- Experience with Micro Services and domain-driven design
- Experience leading software development lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping, integration, testing, and production release
- Experience writing technical documents, measurable problem statements, and identifying solutions, Mentor team for any questions/directions
- Experience implementing telecom products and services such as Voice/VOIP, Broadband services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prioritize the key business programs by collaborating with business partners
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, VoIP
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.