IT Platform Architect - Enterprise Systems at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader with a record of accomplishment of leading scalable distributed systems in telecom companies to join our growing team as Platform Architect - Enterprise Systems. As Platform Architect, you will envision, architect, implement and support system infrastructure across the enterprise sales, marketing, ordering, service delivery/assurance and billing ecosystem. In this exciting role, you will be challenged with the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the Enterprise systems across the whole customer fulfillment and customer care life cycle.
As the Platform Architect - Enterprise Systems, you have a deep technical background building scalable solutions to support complex business processes. You are passionate about architecture, robust design practices, efficient execution, and delivering operational excellence.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in the enterprise telecom domains. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing comprehensive E2E customer management experience into reality.
As the Platform Architect - Enterprise Systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Be a subject matter expert on container orchestration technologies microservices cloud native development and DevOps solutions and best practices
- Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Platform Architecture (applications and data technologies)
- Collaborating with IT leaders to drive and design solutions that accelerate customers’ business outcomes
- Responsible for the migration of assigned platforms and processes as per project timelines
- Influence, negotiate, build consensus, and align with peers, product owners, business and vendor partners on technology selection that suits industry best practices.
- Adopt and apply innovative technologies frameworks or methodologies to containerized application development and deployments
- Be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with a laser focus on delivering results
- Experience building and motivating high-performance teams, fostering an inclusive environment
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and skilled in managing multiple clients, stakeholders, and cross-functional projects
- Exercise judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Implement the next-gen monitoring and fault tolerance solution for the enterprise based on SRE principles and practices
- Develop Source Code Management, centralizing and automating the configuration management process and setup standards for development activities
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 6 years of platform architecture and SDLC experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and participate in discussions focusing on best practices, user experience, functional requirements, and team dynamics
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prioritize the key business programs by collaborating with business partners
- Experience leading platform architecture lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping
- Experience in architecting migration of monolithic applications to micro services architecture
- Experience in ReactJS, NodeJs, NoSQL (Cassandra), AWS/EKS, API design, Microservices, Micro-ui architecture, GraphQL, Performance Tuning, API design (REST/GraphQL), API security, data encryption
- Experience in VISIO, Large, strategic & complex development thought leadership
- Experience in working with GITLAB/TeamCity/Jenkins/Splunk
- Experience in containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Experience in IT Security and compliance, operations and network services, and application development
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Azure, GCP or AWS solutions architect certification.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.