IT Engineer at Veeva
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva Systems is looking for an IT Engineer (End User Services) to support our employees in the Pleasanton, CA (HQ) office and throughout the Western United States. The successful candidate will be someone with a broad skillset/background in the field of End User Support/Desktop Support and IT Infrastructure, a self-starter and team player who can balance day-to-day operations with speed and efficiency while still planning and working towards long term goals.
Your day-to-day role will be very hands-on (in our Pleasanton, CA office) managing end-to-end desktop support, from procurement to deployment, and ensuring our employees have the IT services and support they need to be productive. You will be a part of the larger End User Services team in the Americas. We are looking for someone with a strong service focus and customer-first mentality who wants to grow their career alongside the rest of the business in the region.
What You'll Do
- Interact with internal Veeva users to help resolve all levels of IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner
- IT account and asset management for onboarding/offboarding of employees
- Diagnosis and repair of end-user devices
- IT ticket management
- Resolution of escalated technical IT matters
- Manage and deploy corporate PCs/Macs
- Support company events
- Coordinate warranty repairs
- Ship, recycle and dispose of devices using defined processes
- Assist in the management of hosted IT applications (Google G Suite, Egnyte, Zoom, Okta, etc.)
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for internal Veeva applications
- Participate in staffing the Virtual Walk-up (open Zoom Room) for end-users that need help
- Provide on-call weekend support as needed
- Look for ways to improve current processes and make suggestions for improvements
- 3+ years of experience in a desktop support role within a global organization across multiple regions and time zones
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Chrome OS
- Experience with G Suite and Office365
- Can troubleshoot hardware/software issues for Windows and Apple devices
- Can perform software installations and upgrades for various types of applications
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Shows a history of giving excellent customer service and focus
- Highly motivated individual with experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- ITIL, CompTIA, and/or Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of general IT security controls and best practices
- Experience documenting IT applications and training users
- Cisco Meraki operational experience
- Knowledge of asset management best practices.
- Previous experience with cloud/SaaS and/or virtualization technologies
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]