PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Client Platform Engineer
San Diego, CA
PlayStation is looking for a passionate and hardworking engineer to join our IT department within our Client Platform Engineering group. This team is responsible for the management and maintenance of all the client endpoints across our global environment, along with its associated systems management tools, and is heavily focused on automation, reliability, security, and user experience. In this role you will be working closely with other team members, departments, and sometimes vendors to discuss projects and implement solutions.
- Design, build, document, deploy, and support ongoing automation of client endpoint environment
- Support and manage macOS, iOS, and Android endpoints
- Research, design, implement, and iterate on engineering solutions
- Propose recommended solutions for improving the functionality, security, efficiency, reliability, utilization, or effectiveness of systems and process
- Reduce vulnerabilities and drive systems into compliance, through automation and manual remediation
- Proactively stay on top of industry trends and look for ways to effectively apply them to our environment
- Monitor and resolve escalated requests for support
- Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies
- Perform other duties as necessary or as the need arises
- Two or more years of engineering experience, managing more than 1,000 endpoints in an enterprise environment
- A history of crafting and presenting solutions to multi-faceted challenges
- Strong proficiency & working knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as bash, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience using and managing macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer
- Experience packaging applications and crafting custom solutions
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with MDM and systems management software (Jamf, Intune)
- Extensive background in automating solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience crafting, sharing, and detailing processes and solutions
- Ability to travel as the need arises and work remotely if required
- Experience building and deploying security controls (CIS Benchmark Controls)
- Experience with user and client authentication (Active Directory, Cloud IdPs)
- Experience deploying, managing, and removing software
- Experience with modern hardware provisioning practices such as zero-touch
- Experience supporting customers and client endpoints
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.