iOS Engineer at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
We’re in hyper-growth mode after announcing our Series C funding round, led by once-again by Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), NFL star J.J. Watt, Sophia Amoruso, Tony Hawk and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital. And we’re ecstatic to welcome our new investors: Dick Parsons, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC, and skateboarding legend Tony Hawk.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest. In normal circumstances, we’re located in New York with an office in Copenhagen and hub in Argentina, but in these times we’re maintaining momentum as a remote team.What you’ll do:
As an iOS engineer, you will be obsessed with delivering a high-quality work product. You will value building and maintaining a clean code base and are a fan of unit testing. Most importantly, you will partner with product designers and backend engineers on delivering a delightful, engaging experience that people enjoy.What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of professional, hands-on experience building production iOS apps
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- Comfortable learning Kotlin (our Android app is built in Kotlin)
- Strong experience with Swift
- Solid fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming
- Attention to detail and appreciation for creating delightful user experiences
- Proficiency in using RESTful APIs
- Source code management skills (Git)
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Previous knowledge of investing or financial markets
This is the foundation of how we operate.
- Honesty kills bullshit
- Feedback comes from a place of care
- Loyalty through care
- Autonomy through alignment
- Work fast through organized speeding
- Urgency with charm
- We are directly responsible
- We don’t make excuses
- What could go right?
- Find a way
- Be part of a company with a real mission you can be proud of
- We are growing rapidly, but are still at a size where you will learn A LOT. This role can be a catalyst to grow your skills and experience
- We offer great health care plans and pay the full premium for you and your family including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Discounted fitness memberships
- 401k with 4% company match after 3 months of employment
- Your choice of gear - from laptop to desk, we got you covered
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.