We're an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren't ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.
As an Engineer at Indigo you'll:
- Design features end to end, from design to implementation to deployment to production support, communicating risks and issues to stakeholders, and working together to find a path forward
- Help design and implement customer facing interfaces using a modern iOS architecture consisting of SwiftUI, Combine, The Composable Architecture (TCA) and SPM.
- Collaborate in an agile squad with product managers, back-end engineers, and designers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code to the app store
- Leverage applicable design patterns, refactoring code where necessary, to maintain organizational consistency
- Ensure that all features are adequately tested including via unit and API tests
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and learn from other engineers
- Voice your expertise to provide technical constraints and solutions to product managers, with a focus on incremental delivery
- Experience engaging with backend engineers REST API spec to ensure mobile friendly endpoints
- Ability to thrive and be proactive in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years of iOS development experience
- Ability to work with Product to write detailed technical specifications
- Experience working with different architectures (MVVM, TCA, VIPER, etc)
- CI/CD knowledge (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc) to help improve mobile release processes
- Ability to collaborate with web engineers in agile squad setting and contribute to technical implementation discussions
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options